Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Caring for our Shared Environment

One way I remind our Spirit Play participants that they are part of a larger web is by caring for our workspace. We act on the seventh promise when we clean up after ourselves.

I came across this child-safe cleaning solution that actually works great. The added oil really helps hide the vinegar smell. Peppermint, lemon, almond or lavender work well. I personally like the peppermint! I just use the peppermint oil for cooking/baking.

Vinegar Cleaning Solution
  • 1 cup water
  • 1 cup vinegar
  • few drop of oil for fragrance
Pour into a spray bottle. I often recycle hairspray or smaller bottles for the small hands. Alternatively, you can often put the head of a spray bottle from windex/409/etc onto a smaller bottle, like a water bottle. Make sure it's stable for little hands to hold, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment