Thursday, February 12, 2015

Five Wise Guys and a Pachaderm


Last Sunday, we tackled that popular UU parable, The Five Wise People and the Elephant. I wanted to share this one with you because I used chess pieces for my figures, instead of peg people.

Here is an overview of the story:

And here is a close-up of the people. The Bishop figure was perfect for Buddha. I found this set at the local Goodwill for a $1. You can also ask members if they have a set (emphasize that a complete set is not necessary).


I also am quite happy with the plow. Chop sticks, some microsuede fabric, a piece of sculpted cold porcelain and paint. And a glue gun. (Always with the glue gun...) There. You have a plow.

My elephant is a method that I often have used for more complex figures - cutting microsuede into shapes. I did add some cold porcelain eyes and tusk. (You would look shocked, too, if you had all these strangers touching your various body parts...)
FYI - if you use a lot of fimo in your creations, try out cold porcelain. It's made of glue and cornstarch. Doesn't require cooking. I like it a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment